Wednesday, May 11, 2005

a good day

Today is a really good day! I’m happy to say I made it through day two of not drinking and this morning I’m feeling awesome. I was able to get out of bed within 5 minutes of my alarm going off, got into the shower and I was out the door within 30 minutes! And I found out a secret, when you leave the house before 7AM the green lights seem to last longer! YAY! I even had enough time this morning to lace up some new Chuck Taylor high tops instead of stepping into my slippers on the way out the door! I feel great. I’m here at work 30 minutes early, no one else is here and that gives me time to write a little bit before I have to put my nose to the grindstone.
I have come to realize that my family, well I shouldn’t say my whole family, I shall say the women in my immediate family...we are worriers. My sister called last night worried that I wouldn’t know she wanted me to be her maid of honor at her wedding. Ok she just got engaged 4 days ago! And although I hadnt heard it straight from her mouth I pretty much figured that was a given, because she will be my maid of honor at my wedding. My mom and I had been talking earlier about what kind of dress she will wear and I had bet she already went out and bought a bunch of Bride's magazines but she hadn’t, she has been looking for a venue for the reception though. I think she will have it in Detroit, and she also wants it to be in February...brrrrr. Well be cold, but it will be beautiful with the colors she has already chosen! White and deep burgundy reds. SO my dress will be burgundy, which is ok, its better than red on me, but then again it isn’t my day to worry about. Or is it? Part of the maid of honors duties include: planning the bridal shower and making a toast at dinner. Ok so now I’m worrying. I can make the plans with help, that’s a no brainer...its the getting up in front of a wedding full of people and talking I’m worried about. I’ve never been able to speak in front of people, not even in front of people I’ve worked with for over 6 years. I guess I will need a few beverages before I start talking, and I do have plenty of time to prepare a speech, which shouldn’t be hard because it includes one of the things I love to talk about= my family. My mom is worrying that my sister is making her decisions based on other peoples opinions, and isn’t making the day just hers, and it should be that way but she is just thinking about the other people who will be involved. I can understand that, but I do hope she isn’t just getting married in Detroit to make her fiancé’s family happy. I mean she’s only visited there once, she doesn’t know a whole lot about it. Whew, and its only been 4 days since she has had the ring on her finger! Other things my sister and I are worried about: our weight, the church, his best friends (one of whom has recently come fwd to her and talked down about her fiancé), his sisters involvement in the planning, his mothers involvement in the planning, my mother having to travel to Detroit to help plan with his mother...the list is endless. All I have to say is when I get married, it will be in the summer, in the hills, I will be barefoot in the grass, he will wear jeans and a button down shirt, and there will be 30 people there tops. We will have a picnic for the reception, and it will be simple and easy and I will not worry about hardly anything. I think I shall go buy her a wedding planning guide this weekend to put her thoughts together so she can start planning the way she needs to. I have noticed my dad doesn’t seem to be so excited, I guess that’s the way men are though. Plus...both my parents have known about the engagement since Easter when her then boyfriend asked my dad for his blessing. Its funny we are talking about worrying because I had noticed my parents had been secretive since then and I knew they had been keeping something from me, I had been racking my brain since then trying to figure out what it was. I’m just relieved it was something good like this. What am I worried about now? Going to get my oil changed at lunch, because my car is a bit low and rumbly and my low fluid light popped on yesterday on my way home in traffic. I’m hoping that’s all it is. I need a man to help me keep track of these things! Anyhoo...its 5 past, I have to get to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home