Thursday, January 05, 2006

Kiss and Tell

January 05
Kiss and Tell

I had the most wonderful time last weekend.
The Lummox flew in Friday night, New Years Eve-Eve. I was so excited to see him that I waited on my stairs, sitting and staring out the window like a puppy. The door bell rang and suddenly I was in his arms. That is my favorite place to be. I stayed in his arms pretty much all weekend, if I could help it.
That night we opened our Christmas presents to each other; he just knows me so well. It was funny because we both gave each other the same gift at one point: Dave Matthews Band- Weekend on the Rocks CD/ DVD set. Great minds think alike right? And another gift that he spoiled me with- I had picked out for my sister, so I knew I loved it even before I opened the box. He really did spoil me with his gifts, but I feel really loved. *can I gush over the cute jammies he got me?*
New Years Eve was a very leisurely one. We took Cody for a much anticipated walk in the park and got lunch from the whole foods closest to me. We ate outside under a shade tree and we people-watched. That’s the thing about hanging out with Lummoxes- you can be anywhere doing anything and no matter what- it’s always a good time.
We decided on making sushi for our New Years dinner and the shopping soon commenced. The nice lady who was making the sushi that day at Whole Foods kindly gave us ready made sushi rice for no cost, which was really nice of her. And a great start to our evening. We stocked up on what we needed for the remainder of the weekend and headed home. We noticed in the checkout lane that the ginger sesame sauce we had picked out was called Soy Vey and that made us laugh when we read the label “...what happens when a Jewish girl and a Japanese boy fall in love and share a love of cooking...” and the sauce was spectacular! And Lummoxes make great sushi. We ate until we almost popped and then it was time for a movie and some champagne until Dick Clark came on. Then we watched the ball drop and I finally got a New Year’s Eve kiss that I will remember for the rest of my life. New years has always meant a lot to me- new beginnings and such, so having him here with me and being in his arms at midnight really meant the world to me.
If you haven’t seen The Producers yet- go see it! I haven’t laughed that hard at a movie in years. If you like Broadway musicals- it’s a definite must see. We got lost on the way to the theater of course; you see Jennis and Lummoxes don’t have a very good sense of direction it seems. We get lost a lot. But much to our surprise we made the movie on time. And we laughed between handfuls of popcorn.

It was a weekend filled with music, movies, good food, and joyous joyous laughter. It’s always great spending time with him, no matter what we are doing. He is great company. There is always much fun to be had when in the company of Lummoxes.
And even though we talk most every day, I can’t wait to see him again.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home