Friday, December 30, 2005

With no where to go but up...

December 30
With no where to go but up...

It’s going to be a good year- I can feel it.
I mean, there’s no where to go but up, right? Cheese and rice- 2005 was not a very good year. Neither personally or world wide. At one point I thought to myself, “maybe this is the Armageddon” It was the day the Pope died, I remember the feeling that came over me. After all that had happened already starting with all the bizarre natural disasters, I thought, “oh god, what more could go wrong this year?” Here I am spending most of the beginning of the year 2005 in an utter depression over the discovery of my ex boyfriend’s infidelities and lies, and there was so much more going on to be depressed about.
Tsunami
Mudslides
Hundreds of American Soldiers killed in Iraq
The terrorist bombings in London
Pope John Paul II dies
Train accident in Japan
Hurricanes
Flooding
Fires
Bird Flu
Earthquakes
Rosa Parks dies
Rioting in Paris
Tornadoes
And while we were watching all this happen on the nightly news, the men who we have been watching for most of our lives, The men who brought us these news stories every night -were stepping down:
Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather, Ted Koppel retire and our beloved Peter Jennings dies of lung cancer. I’m counting on the “new guys” to keep our minds racing with more great TV journalism, but those are some big shoes to fill.
I have noticed a pattern in my life. The good luck years for me personally are the even numbered years. I remember noticing this first in 1986, I was in 6th grade. And ever since then, it has held true in the timeline of my life. I was born in an even year. I graduated high school on an even year, college as well. I met the dreamer on an even year, and broke up with him an even amount of years later. Even though that sounds like it was a bad thing- it really wasn’t- because the break up itself wasn’t bad- it was the things I found out afterward. There’s no where to go but up and out of the hole that was 2005. So- Onward and Upward! Whew- what a ride it has been.
I am ringing in the new year- the evenly numbered year- with someone who I know really cares about me, and genuinely loves me. That’s what I call a great start to a new year.
The Lummox is at the airport in San Francisco as I am writing this, and we are both so excited to see each other again. Remember- last I saw him- he was boarding a plane back to Denver, and I hadn’t told him of my true feelings for him until he was already gone. We haven’t seen each other in person since then, so this is all very exciting for me. I am actually a little nervous! I know I don’t need to be, it’s just the Lummox, only now he’s not just my best friend- he’s my boyfriend!
Jenni and Lummox version 2.0 begins in T-Minus 5 and a half hours. I can not wait.
So- to all of you out there I wish you the most fantastical, super terrific, wonderfully glorious of New Years. I wish you all the best of luck and good health in this new year- and I will have you all in my hearts this weekend and send you all a midnight kiss in my thoughts. Ill be thinking of all of you when I watch the ball drop. I probably wont be online much *wink* so I will see you all next year!!!
PS- Today is my daddy's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! I wish I could still be there to help you celebrate, but I made plans without really thinking- sorry about that. Ill call you tonight though!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home