Monday, May 16, 2005

torture

I can't tell you what agony it is to have to be at work while you are sick. I guess I can stand to be here with a cold, but having to get up and down to run to the bathroom is a bit embarrassing. People start to look at you funny after the tenth trip back from the bathrooms. And I want to explain to them that I have internal problems going on, but it is lunchtime and I think they may be disgusted by the details. Soooo I try and get my mind off of it while I’m here, and the day is jut dragging might I add.
So far today I have only done a smidge of actual work, and the rest of the day has been spent blog hopping. I love reading about other people’s lives. I have to admit the first blog I ever came across was for Wil Wheaton a few years ago. I googled his name for some reason and it took me to his site WWdN and before I knew it I was hooked. Its like stumbling across someone’s diary or something. It becomes addictive. Back then I had no idea what a blog was, but I had a journal online for a while. That didn’t last long because it was so hard to upkeep. Anyway, the point of my story was, I remembered Wil's blog today and so I went. I was a geek and sent him an email too. Only to be polite and tell him that I put a link to his site on my blog. oh yeah I also added a story from when I was little and saw him on a camping trip we took one summer before Stand By Me came out. I used to have a picture with him in it, we were playing in the river, but I think I lost it in 7th grade when I was showing it off to all my friends at school. So i sent him a little hello from me, the one who once shared a splash in the Colorado River with him somewhere at a national park I cannot remember the name of. I know, Im a big dork. But my brain isn’t working because of all the spewing I have endured today. Not to mention bug spray fumes. But maybe he will write back, who knows? It could happen.
I also sent an email to Sean Kelly, my high school ex-boyfriend, because today is his birthday. We have been emailing back and forth for a while now, more lately since I moved to Austin. Its fun sharing memories, and funny moments from our pasts, and catching up. He’s a good guy. Happy birthday to him.
Also been IM-ing with the lummox today as usual. He found a nice girl through eHarmony.com! Good for him! Sadly I will not ever have the pleasure of getting a date through eHarmony because I...*sigh* ...am a loser. An eHarmony reject. Thank you, come again. I have faith in myself that one day I will meet a geek worthy of my own dorky qualities, and we will live happily ever after, together as eHarmony rejects. Anyway, good for the Lummox. He deserves a girl who will be good to him, for once.
Well, I suppose I should do some work. I had some hot tea, again because I heaved the first cup I drank, and some soup and I’m feeling much bettah. When I threw up the cherries the first time, I started thinking about that scene in the movie The Witches of Eastwick where the town gossip has a spell put on her and she uncontrollably throws up cherry seeds all over the house. Gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home