Friday, January 13, 2006

...if I only had a brain...

January 13
...if I only had a brain...

Another Jenni moment to share with you.
I have been told that I am an airhead; I’ve been told that I’m a blonde, and to be honest with you, I agree! I take after my mother, and often times when I am at home- mom and I share a brain, however sometimes I have it and sometimes she has it and that makes for some pretty ditsy moments between the two of us. A lot of the time mom has the brain- and I’m left on my own- with no brain at all. Unfortunately this happens quite a lot. This story happened to me a while back, but I was reminded of it today and thought I would share.

I was driving to mom and dad’s and decided I should call my sister. She had just settled in at her new place in Michigan, and I figured what the heck. So I dialed. I don’t know if this happens anymore with cell phones but, remember on old fashioned house phones if you were dialing someone and they were dialing you at the same time- it wouldn’t ring and you would just suddenly be on the line with them? Ever happen to you? Well it’s happened to me before- and I thought that was the case when I dialed my sister and the phone didn’t ring- but I heard some noise on the other end.

“Hello?” I asked

“Hello?” a split second later from the other end of the phone
I laughed and so did she,
and then I said “were you calling me at the same time?”
And she did too! She said the same thing at almost the same time as me! How funny.
and we laughed and laughed
And then I asked “when are you coming to mom and dads”
And so did she! She said the same thing again...giggles
....wait a minute....
“Hello?” I asked again...
and so did she!
Wait a tic...
Am I hearing an echo? Oh my god I am! I am hearing my own echo!
I was just having a conversation with myself!
It sounded just like my sister! I would have sworn it was her on the other end, her laugh even sounded like hers! I guess I sound just like her then. How embarrassing. Thank god only Cody was witness to it.
What was even funnier- when I actually got through to my sister- (and I double checked- she was saying totally different things than I was)...I started to tell her the story. What I didn’t know was that she had gotten disconnected while I was still talking, so I was again...talking to myself.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home