Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sweet Surrender

January 12
Sweet Surrender

I had the best sleep last night!!!
I have had the best sleep these last couple of days! And you know how much I LOVE to sleep! Last night was the first time in...I don’t know how long...that I have slept through the entire night without waking up at least once. In any normal night I wake up at least three times starting at 3am and on until my alarm goes off. It started when I moved to Texas over a year ago, and at first I thought I would need some serious help if it didn’t stop. I took sleeping pills, drank Nyquil, turned on fans to make noise etc. Nothing helped. After a while I just got used to it, it became normal and I just had to surrender to it. Hopefully that has changed. Maybe it was the mental changes I have made in the last week? Maybe it was all the water I have been drinking? Who knows- I hope it stays this way, it feels great to finally get a good nights sleep without waking up.

This morning I was watching Good Morning America and there was a segment about cleaning out the clutter in your life. Diane Sawyer referred to a goddess in the Buddhist religion that holds a pair of scissors to represent cutting of ties to earthly belongings and attachments. The Buddhist and Hindu religions refer to her as Tara. She is a goddess of compassion. I don’t want to over analyze it to death but maybe Goddess Tara is looking after me and helping me cut the attachments I once had. I feel like all the clutter I had accumulated in the last year was really weighing on me. Maybe I am sleeping so well because I got rid of all my “baggage”? Whatever it is, it feels great. My mind is free, my conscience is clear, and my soul is weightless. Ahh, tranquility. Now if I could just get Cody to stay in his bed instead of mine!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home