Sunday, June 05, 2005

Bridal Extravaganzaaaaaa

Bridal Extravaganza…June 5, 2005

Well the Bridal Extravaganza was lovely. It was just basically a bunch of booths with vendors, florists, cake makers, tuxedo rentals etc...so my sister got a ton of ideas to take back with her. It seemed like everyone had either a brochure or a business card so we gathered one from everything that caught our eye. A lot of the booths gave away tote bags filled with their own particular advertising and goodies. Sarah ended up with about 5 bags full of stuff. I took a bunch of pictures for ideas, and some just for me in case I EVER get married. There was a fashion show, and random DJs were playing sample playlists. Tons of cute men, but 90% of them were the fiance's of the women there. The only single guys were there either there selling something, in the fashion show, or friends of the grooms to be. Of course I did my thing: accidentally bumping into them and then touching their bicepts and saying "oh Im so sorry! I wasnt watching where I was going" that way you can molest their arm and get eye contact! YAY!
Sarah got a lot of ideas for her honeymoon, or a destination wedding (new idea she and mom came up with this weekend=go to Tahiti for the wedding) That would be an even better idea in my eyes, that way everyone has to travel, instead of making only one side of the family have to. She may even want to go to Colorado in the snow, which scares me a little bit. I dont know why, but now Colorado is tainted because of the memories I have with Rob. I guess I feel like I left all my memories there and I dont want to turn back. There are a ton of really beutiful places there that she could choose from though. I think I may try and persuade her in that direction, only because I have no idea what Michigan looks like in the winter. For some reason when I think of Detroit, I think dirty, slushy wet snow...dirty mainly. Im sure its not all bad, but I have preconceived notions.
Message to my future fiance: WE ARE ELOPING.
If my mother thinks she can have this much control over my sisters wedding, there is no way I am going to be able to get through my own without killing my mother first. Today she drove me crazy with her plans for my sister, and my sister just took it all day! She gives in way too easy and my mom is way too controlling. I tried to block it all out by taking pictures, and signing my sister up for free things and drawings. She is getting very annoying the older I get. Oh well...thats the way things go I guess. I now remember the way it was before I ever moved out, when I was 18 and going off to school I could not wait to get out of there because of my mother. Now I remember!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home