Tuesday, May 24, 2005

i know how that feels

It has been a little over 9 months since I got in my car and drove away from THE EX. And to this day I have not stopped thinking about him in one way or another. He is everywhere. I dont know how to get over him. Maybe I never will, but cheese and rice, I need to stop thinking about him all the time! Tonight during one of my favorite shows, it happened again; I was reminded of THE EX.
On tonights episode of House kicked me in the gut. Backstory: He is a doctor at a hospital and his ex wife Stacy (played by Sela Ward) suddenly calls on him for medical help for her new husband. He reluctantly treats him, because he is still in love with her. He is a man who is shut down to his own emotions so when he showed he was still in love with her, it was a big deal to everyone. So at the end of this episode, after saving her husband from paralysis, Stacy comes to see House in his office.
S~ You were right about me, I’m not over you.
You were the one
You always will be
But I can’t be with you.

H~ So I’m the guy, but you want the other guy who by definition can never be the guy.

S~ What’s so great about you is that you always think you’re right.
What’s so frustrating is you are right so much of the time.
You’re brilliant, funny, surprising, sexy…but with you I was lonely.
With him there’s room for me.

H~ I see.

She kisses him on the cheek with genuine love and walks away. The whole time he looks into her eyes with such sadness and sincere adoration. Its heart breaking.

Ugh. I know how that feels. Except I haven’t found that someone who has room for me yet.

In the show House walks with a cane, and is addicted to Vicodin. Tonight I joined him and treated myself to a pain killer. With a bit of luck I will get some sleep tonight, and stop thinking about THE EX for a few hours.
They played the Stones "You can't always get what you want" at the end...good song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home