Sunday, June 05, 2005

Im too old for this

Im too old for this…June 5, 2005

I have to add one more thing today before I am through. A story that happened to me yesterday:
After work I stopped by the gas station to buy some beer for the weekend. I get to the counter, I am wearing my Lowe's cap, and have my hair in a ponytail. I dont have to dress nicely for work, so I generally dress very casually in jeans as I did yesterday. Im standing at the counter and the woman behind the register looks at me with complete disbelief and says to me "no way I am selling to you" Im confused and I ask why? She says "got ID" like Im some little kid! So I dig and of course I cant find it...I tell her "I am really 31" as my face is getting redder and redder...I tell the people behind me to go ahead while I try and find my drivers licence. After they are done, she is still standing there and huffung through her teeth at me like Im trying to pull one over on her, and I tell her again "I really am 31!" she says "whatever, without and ID you arent leaving with that beer" and I finally find my licence! I hand it to her and Im kinda mad at that point because all that was so unneccessary. She even says "oh yeah, its out of state too!" -I do still have my Colorado ID- she then runs it through the card reader and the big flashing lights come up *1974* and she laughs! Im still red in the face and she is now laughing at me with her raspy smokers breath, "wow I guess you really are 31! you look like you are 19!" and then calls one of the other girls over who looks at me and says the same thing. By this point Im like pissed and I just want my friggin beer! She rings me up and I pay and Im out of there. And on the way home I calm down, until I am cut off by a motorcycle and the beer flys off my seat onto the floor and two bottles explode on my cars floormat. It just wasnt my day to buy beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home