Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Favorite mistakes

My Favorite mistakes…September 27, 2005



I started thinking about all my ex boyfriends last night while pondering what to do in the one I am currently in. It made me laugh, and made me cry thinking of a few of them.
The names have changed to protect the innocent...or not so innocent....

John-Boy
Cute, tall, tan and blonde, what every girl in middle school wanted. My first kiss in 7th grade, closed mouth and I almost fainted because I forgot to breathe. He was a super guy, pure and innocent, but dumb as a rock. My dad hated him because he drove a very loud El Camino in high school and he drove like a bat out of hell up our street. I was great friends with him until a few years ago when I lost touch with him after he got married.

Seaner
Blonde with blue eyes. My first everything. My first love. He was a jock, star of the baseball team. He was a senior when I was a sophomore. He stuck a note in my locker one day with his phone number on it. Was a great first boyfriend, and we dated for 7 years. He followed me to college where I broke it off with him because I wanted to date other guys. I crushed him, feel really bad about that, but I had more growing to do. He is now living in San Diego and we keep in touch a lot these days.

Rebound Boy
Really cute blonde intellectual guy. Studying to be an engineer. I think he was younger than me. We worked together and became friends and hung out a couple times after work. Then he just started showing up at my door, and one thing led to another and we had a secret fling going on for a while. He never wanted more than just that, and one summer he went to Alaska to work on fishing boats. When he came back everything was different and we barely saw each other. I completely lost touch with him. He was a great kisser.

Hippie Phish Guy
Cute, the first brunette I dated. He was obsessed with The Grateful Dead and Phish. He was older than me, going to school to be a teacher. We worked together. He would come slip me little notes and poems when he walked by and had the cutest smile. He was the second guy to tell me he loved me, but it sounded scripted. I snooped and found a few poems he had written with other girls names plugged in, and recognized a couple of them that he had given to me. It all went downhill from there. I cheated on him, and working together became sooo much fun after that. I still think he was gay or bisexual.

Bi Polar Boy
Very cute, and I really liked him. We worked together, along with Hippie Phish guy. He was exciting, a bad boy, and had this really deep dark side to him that made him seem mysterious. He pursued me while I was still dating HPG, and made me feel so beautiful and wanted. Was a great lover. Was always in trouble, and went to jail a few times. He had a genius mind, with the madness that went along with it. A heavy smoker and heavy drinker, he introduced me to a darker side of the party scene. I genuinely loved him as a person. He broke it off with me suddenly and out of the blue. But we remained very close friends. A few years ago he put a shotgun to his chest and pulled the trigger. I still have a lot of love for him.

Helicopter Man
Once again, I met him in a bar when my roommate gave him my phone number because I told her I thought he was cute. He was a lot older than me, but that didn’t bother me. We went out a few times and it turned out he was a helicopter pilot for the tours over the Grand Canyon. That intrigued me, until I actually had a conversation with him. He was a little off, and majorly egotistical. He talked endlessly about wanting to own a bar with his mother and all the waitresses would have a picture of him on their tee shirts? What was even weirder was his house, not a stitch of furniture in it except a mattress on the floor with no sheets. I left quickly and never answered another call from him again.

Frat Boy
I met him at a bar, surprise eh? But he won me over by chasing me out of the bar to tell me I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. I gave him my number. We went out a few times, I met all his frat friends and he met mine. He was a great kisser. I still don’t know how old he was, but he didn’t have a car and wanted me to be his mommy. He called me endlessly, and that got annoying so I just stopped answering.

The Duke
He was roommates with my friend, and I was at there house all the time. It was just a natural progression, but we never went any further than his bedroom. He was a huge Michael Jackson fan and wore a Duke hat all the time. He had the strangest thingy I had ever seen in my life! One night, he just locked me out of his bedroom and that was the end of it.

Stanford
I had seen him at all the places I loved to hang out, and he had the most amazing smile. After about the hundredth time seeing him across the bar I finally walked up to him and laid one on him. He asked me to dinner right then and there. Dated for a while and then I found out he had a pierced um... It wasn’t all that great, and the relationship fizzled out. I stole his Stanford sweatshirt before I stopped answering his calls.

One Night Stand Guy
I met him in the bar one night while with my roommates, he was new in town from Green Bay, Wisconsin and we befriended him. He was the best looking guy I had ever seen in my life. Corn fed huge muscles, olive skin and brown eyes. Hubba-hubba. I am still convinced that my roommates set him up with me because I needed to get over Bi Polar Boy. I took him home and never saw him again after the next morning. But it was soo exciting!

Eddie Haskell
Came from a well off family, always reminded me of a salesman. We worked together, yes at the same place as Hippie Phish Guy and Bi Polar Boy...what? He was every parent’s dream, a butt kisser, a yes man, a smooth talker. He was always asking me out and I always turned him down. One day I decided what the hell and we were together for a little while, until Valentines Day. I left him a card on his car, nothing big just an innocent happy Valentines Day card...he never called me. That night I asked if I could come over, he told me no. he dumped me on Valentines Day! A few weeks later he called and called, begged me to come back. But by that time I was in another relationship. We remained friends.

Golf Pro Guy
Worked with me, but had quit before we hooked up. He quit to pursue a golf career. He hung out with the same crowd I did, and was super funny, super cute. He was and still is the best kisser I have ever dated. After the first time we got together, he never called me again. I saw him out a few times, and we hung out. But I was mad at him still. One night I was at a party at his house and he came on to me. I wanted to get back at him so once we were in his bedroom I pretended to be into him, stripped him of all his clothes, I was still dressed, and leaned over him. He was all into it, until I whispered “payback is a bitch” and took all his clothes swung open the door to the party so everyone could see, and dumped his clothes in a pile in the snow. We still hung out even after that. And hooked up a couple times at random parties (just kissing...) a few years ago he called me out of the blue and invited me to come visit him in Portland. I turned him down and never heard from him again.

Rugby Dude
We had been great friends for a couple years; he was in all the same classes I was. He was a great guy, and we were like best friends. I think he may have been a virgin? He was very inexperienced in the ways of women, the dating part at least but he tried. We dated for a few months, I went to visit his parents in CA, and he met my sister when she came out to visit. He moved to Phoenix and I didn’t get to see him a lot though I visited. I moved into a place where Rugby Dudes best friend lived, and met my next boyfriend the Dreamer. He became very insecure and it was uncomfortable talking to him. It ruined our friendship sadly, when I started dating the Dreamer (see below). A few years ago I found out he moved to Denver when I was living there, I bumped into him at a concert but didn’t let him know I saw him.

The Dreamer-The Ex to end all exes
My most recent relationship, you may have read about him in my archives here. We were living at the same apartments and he was constantly hanging out at my place. I had just graduated. We clicked instantly and dated for 6 years off and on. I moved with him to Denver where he was pursuing his paramedic career...only to quit that and go on to at least 6 other professions during our relationship. We moved every year and he never committed. Cheated on me a few times, and we broke up a few times. I left him last year when he couldn’t say he wanted to get married or have kids with me, ever. I found out later he had been cheating on me again. We still talk occasionally...he was the hardest to get over and I am constantly comparing guys to him.

Match.com Man
Yes, I met him online during a brief break up with The Dreamer. He was a nice guy, from Alaska, made a great living as an engineer in Denver and owned two cars. He was a fun date, took me neat places and was a classic car fanatic too. He bought a 1949 Ford and took me to car shows with him. Something strange about him was that he collected antique tea sets. He had a display case with all sorts of tea cups and saucers from patterns he knew all about. He wasn’t a good kisser; I went back to The Dreamer.

The Lummox
My best friend in the whole world. I still think we are soul mates, I just could never figure out how to make it work correctly, and I was always in love with The Dreamer. We worked together and became fast friends. We had a ton in common and had great conversations. On a break from The Dreamer we hooked up a couple times, and it was fun, but in the end I went back to The Dreamer-again. The Lummox is still my best friend, and we talk every day. It is the one thing that is true in my life, that I love him. Always will. He is the other half of my brain.

Dave
see blog entry "The Experiment"...I dumped him


(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home