Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weekend getaway

Weekend getaway…October 4, 2005

This weekend my family and I had a little getaway at Lake Travis.
Now I need a vacation.
My family has some friends who own a lake house on Lake Travis in Austin and they were nice enough to give us the keys for the weekend! Now when you tell me I am staying at a lake house, I picture rustic cabin, no cable, lots of dust, and lanterns. I brought scrabble and playing cards, no need for that! This place was like a luxury vacation villa! All hardwood floors, flat screen tv, dvd player, huge deck, boat dock, stone patio with built in grill and hot tub! We had a blast. I am tired from all the fun, and the sun wore me out since I am never in it much.

Captain Dad


Yes, thats me in the back with the SPF 60 on. I was a miserable albino all weekend.

Coincedentally, last night on NBC one of their new shows is called Surface, and at the beginning there was a shot of Lake Travis and some people parasailing...into a huge whirlpool to their deaths. Who knew Lake Travis was so dangerous! Good thing we went before the sink hole sucked all the water out of the lake and the aliens decide to take over! Oh wait thats a different show...

On another note, my "aunt Flow" decided to finally show up yesterday. I havent seen "her" since August 11...needless to say I was freaking out. I have been really irregular since I moved here, but never that late. I went to the doc who told me it was nothing more than stress, or my body is just trying to get itself back into a regular cycle. He gave me Ortho Evra to get on track.
Great, thanks doc, birth control now that I am single again. How ironic.
So I am on day two of the Patch and Im feeling a little bit of its wrath. I have a fever, didnt sleep much last night, and Im completely nausious, not to mention the hormonal ups and downs of it all.
You must be THIS tall to ride Jenni's Emotional Rollercoaster.
I guess I will have to research the Patch to see what other lovely side dishes it has for me. Oh the joys of it all.
Toodles!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home