Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Superficial meaningless blog of tripe

Superficial meaningless blog of tripe

Today, I sat down to my new daily schedule of searching for jobs online when I saw a tiny little email flashing at me from my junk mail box. Low and behold- it was from that piece of junk the Lummox. I left it there for a few minutes before opening it.. I sat back and let my heart rate slow down, because when I react impulsively- that’s when I get into trouble.
Since the middle of July, I haven’t had contact with him and for good reasons. I found out from a good friend in Denver, that right after Lummox and I broke up- he actually had the balls to call her and coax her to have sex with him- for one thing that is so tacky, and for another she is married! She and I decided not to talk to him ever again. I let him know that our mutual friend had confided in me and he sent me the nastiest, most malicious email I have ever gotten from someone who claimed to have loved me once. He called my life “superficial and meaningless” and described my blog as “tripe”. I don’t need someone like that in my life. I told him to go to hell, in so many words. He has become toxic.
My girlfriend in Denver and I still talk about that. She will never be able to be a friend to him after he hit on her and hasn’t spoken to him since. We both have known him for so long that we predicted he would turn around, and that wouldn’t be the last we heard from him. Voila! We were right. I really wonder if he sent an email to her as well today thinking that he is a martyr or something. He is just sad and lonely.
I thought long and hard about whether or not I should reply. For a while I had decided to just ignore it. But then I remembered all the cruel and spiteful things he said to hurt me. I had to calm myself down again, but I decided to give the situation some closure. I tried to be short, and to the point while still letting him know why I will not give him another chance. This is what I came up with:
“It’s amazing how predictable you are- I knew I’d be hearing from you. But I thought you had already said goodbye to me Lummox, long ago? How quickly we change our minds eh? I know my mind was changed the minute you began lashing out at me with maliciously cruel and painful words. I can’t be your support system, not for a person who purposefully hurts me out of spite, not anymore. I loved who you once were to me, but I don’t have love to give you any longer. I have moved on.
I wish you nothing but the best.
Good luck to you.
Back to my “superficial meaningless life of tripe" as you once so bluntly put it. - C’est La Vie
-Jen”
Hopefully that will be the end of it.
A couple of months ago I decided to push out all the toxic people from my life. Lummox became a toxic person the second he brought feelings of anger into our relationship. I don’t need that in my life, I have much better people in my life to spend my time and thoughts on. And I am so much happier for it. Onward and upward!
-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home