Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bizarro Land

8/31/2006
Bizarro Land

I can already tell that today is going to be a strange one.

I got up this morning and tossed the shirt I wanted to wear into the dryer to get rid of some of the wrinkles, and put on a crappy tee shirt while I got ready. I am now at work in the crappy tee shirt; I completely forgot to change shirts! I can’t believe I did this; it’s been a nightmare of mine for many years. The one I have most often is that I put on two different shoes and do the flamingo pose in the mirror to see which shoe looks better, and then I leave for work with two different shoes on. I often walk out the door barefoot, forgetting to put my shoes on, but I catch myself on that one. Today I didn’t catch myself! I think the stress is getting to me. So now I’m stuck at work all day in a men’s XXL Hanes white undershirt!

And then... I went through the drive through at a certain golden arches, and the girl on the intercom tells me “thank you that will be $1.70 at your first window” so I drive through. I get out exact change and hand it to her and she says “um...it is $1.78” and I looked at her in confusion. “I get the same thing everyday, and it is always $1.70 was there a price change or something, you told me it was $1.70” and then she pulled out her attitude and her posture changed as she rotated her neck. “My register says $1.78” and she turns the cash register display so I can read it. It reads $1.70!!! I felt like I was on candid camera. “Your register reads $1.70 and that is what I paid you” I say back, and I was really trying to hold back from being patronizing to her even though she was a total bitch to me. She didn’t even bat an eye, called over the manager and whined to her that I didn’t want to give her the right change. WTF? Are they hiring people now that can’t read or what? The manager corrected her and gave me my money back and apologized for her attitude. So I drove to pick up my coke and hash brown.

Different girl at the window now...hands me a huge heavy bag full of food, and a super large coffee.

“This isn’t mine” I tell her.

As if she didn’t hear a word I just said, she says “would you like cream and sugar with your coffee?”

“No, this wasn’t what I ordered. I ordered a coke and a hash brown”

It was as if I told her the world was coming to an end and she didn’t know what to do first. Same manager comes to the window to help her, and I finally get my order.

What the heck? I just want my morning caffeine and grease! Is that so hard?

So, its only 9:45 and the day is already turning out to be a weird episode of the twilight zone. I’ll fill you in later, because I’m sure there will be more.
Who knows what lurks in the shadows....of bizarro land.

-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home