Friday, August 25, 2006

Is prostitution an option?

8/25/2006
Is prostitution an option?

Well I got a job.
I’m sort of excited about it.
I think...

Yesterday after the interview I was pumped, but the more I think about it- the more I think it sucks. Who are these people that think that anyone can survive on $10 an hour? I talked them into paying me more but still it isn’t enough to sustain me for very long. Plus, they only pay for half medical and half dental and “frown upon” overtime. What the heck? Crappy I say! So for the next 30 days I’ll be prostituting myself for two dollars less than what I’m used to making. I made a deal with him that if after 30 days he likes what I can do he will raise it one more dollar per hour. Its still less than I make now. Poo.

Needless to say, I’m still looking around. I need to get drunk tonight.
I have already taken measures to try and save money, and now I have to cut back even more I guess. I set my thermostat at 78 during the day while I’m not there and 74 at night- which means that upstairs is at least 80 all night. It sucks sleeping in a pool of your own sweat. I went and nabbed a desk fan from my office to blow on me all night, I didn’t sleep very well but I guess it’s worth saving a little money-Ill get used to it.

And now for something completely different

This morning something strange happened to me on the way to work. I was at a stop light and noticed what a crappy car was in front of me. I thought to myself “why don’t people take care of their cars better?” and then the light turned green. I then noticed that said crappy car in front of me had a slightly wobbly wheel. Now normally I don’t talk out loud to myself, but this morning I felt it appropriate.

“Dude, your wheel is going to friggin fall off.” I said out loud to myself, as if he could hear me and nod in agreement. I thought about passing him, but then....his wheel fell off!!! Sparks went flying, the car shifted off to the right and I immediately slowed down just in case. The tire went off on the loose down the road and hit a poor innocent car in the turn lane across the street. Poor woman didn’t know what hit her, but it hit pretty hard and it was a rolling tire from a crappy car that probably doesn’t have an owner with insurance.

What was even weirder- the guy with three wheels and sparks flying just kept on driving! Gosh, I can’t imagine driving a car with only one front wheel but I can only suspect it feels a lot differently than driving on one wobbly wheel and one normal one. Guess he got scared, and probably didn’t have insurance. Bastard Glad I didn’t pass him.

-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home