Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pavement Pounding

8/22/2006
Pavement Pounding

Looks like once again; I am out of a job.

I got a phone call yesterday from my boss letting me know that the company I have been working for is dissolving. Of course I was sad, selfishly I was sad mostly because I hate looking for jobs and I have absolutely no savings. So unless otherwise specified, I have a week left. How is it that the last two companies I have worked for have gone out of business? I guess this is a sign that I have to swallow my pride and work for someone corporate.

How do people do it? How do people survive in the time between losing their jobs and finding a new one? I am not the kind of person to apply for unemployment; I would rather close out an insurance policy or something than resort to government money. I am a little worried that I won’t find anything as soon as I need to. I probably have enough money to pay next months rent and bills but after that, I’m dead broke.

I called last night and closed out my life insurance policy, that should give me a pretty good pillow of money for a little while. I’d rather not use it at all, but I will feel better if I have a little savings to fall back on in an emergency. I can’t get a friggin credit card for some reason; they tell me my credit score isn’t good enough. Well how am I supposed to work on building my credit up again if I can’t get a credit card!

Speaking of emergencies, that means I won’t have health insurance for a while! Last time I picked up my prescription of birth control, my insurance had bumped my co pay up from $30 to $50 with no warning. I have been planning on changing my prescription for a while now anyway. Where can you get the pill without a prescription? I guess I don’t have to worry about being on the pill for a couple months at least since Rugby Dude will be in Europe until mid October.

He flies to London tonight. Eeek. I’m going to miss him a LOT; which doesn’t really make a lot of sense because he is in Florida now, so the long distance is still there- he will just be in another country. I’m not sure if we will be able to talk as much as we have been either because of the time difference. On any normal day we talk on instant messenger all day, and then either a phone call or a chat on Skype.com with my newfangled webcam. I will definitely miss the communication every day.

His plans are to move to Denver at the end of October. He has hooked up with a family friend and they will be renting a downtown loft for a year or so until Rugby Dude can find a house he wants to buy. I’m already planning to go visit him as soon as he gets back from Europe in October. Hopefully by then I will have a new job, and a little savings, and birth control.

Anyone out there hiring?

-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home