Sunday, May 22, 2005

a sisters weekend

Sisters Weekend…May 22, 2005

Sisters weekend went well! It was WAY too HOT to go to the Oasis and sit out on the decks there, I think it got to 95 yesterday with absolutely no wind at all, so we decided to go shopping for dinner. Went to Whole Foods (did you know the 1st Whole Foods is here in Austin?) It has been completely re-built and is amazing inside with a 3 story parking garage underneath, and an escalator that is big enough for your shopping cart to fit on! We decided to do a wine tasting night complete with gourmet cheeses, and hors d'oeuvres. We went to World Market for the wines, and it was a good thing because they were having a clearance on world wines, so we bought a champagne, a white wine, 2 reds, and a desert red for a really great deal. We stopped by Best Buy because we heard that The Greatest American Hero 1st and second seasons had been released on DVD!!! Oh my gosh were we excited! A night of wine and cheese, complete with an 80's television series, who could want more? Beleive it or not, Im walkin on air. I never thought I could feel so free-e-eee. Flyin away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not, its just meeeee!

And we were right, after watching the 2 hour pilot episode, it IS the greatest show ever, it really IS! The wine probably helped too. I think that song will be stuck in my head for days. We made stuffed peppers, and had shrimp cocktail and our champagne and white wine, and then had our cheeses and red wines. We decided that 3 hours of cheesy 80's television was enough so we broke out the home movies and laughed our asses off at eachother. My parents taped everything back then! We got to about 1983 before I was about to keel over. So we packed everything up and went to bed. I think I got up in the middle fo the night and puked, but Im not sure. I remembered we took some pictures last night, and I couldnt figure out how to set the timer, so this is what we ended up with...drunk girls laughing histerically...it was a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home