Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baby it's Cold Outside

Baby it's Cold Outside

...so I stayed inside by the fire!
You know its bad outside in Austin when they tell you to stay home from work and close the schools for the day. End of day Wednesday they let us leave work early because the weather was getting worse outside. Now, I was skeptical, coming from Denver and enduring the winter weather there, but it was cold here. It’s a different kind of cold here in Texas than I’ve experienced in other states, I’ve tried to explain it to people but the only thing I can think of to say is that it’s a wetter kind of cold that bites you to the bones. Add the wind chill and it felt like it was 4 degrees! Another reason that I was skeptical was because the last time they let us leave early it was raining outside, go home early for a little rain? Pshaw. Whatever! So I left with everyone on Wednesday thinking this is so cool! Ill be able to do Christmas shopping and get so much stuff done! Then I got in my car and tried to drive. It was just beginning to drizzle heavily outside and almost instantly it froze to everything it touched. They call it “freezing rain” here. In my 31 years I have never experienced a true ice storm, but the last two days in Austin broke me in. I thought I might not get home in time before the roads were just complete ice, but I made it home safely by 4pm. Not everyone was so lucky, and there were major road closures and accidents galore throughout the evening. I put all my firewood into the fire, because the heater wasn’t able to keep up with the chill in my house and I made coffee to warm me up. It was a lovely winter evening inside. The next morning we awoke to icicles and a quarter inch layer of ice covering everything in sight. I had gotten a call the night before letting me know work would start late Thursday, so I stayed in my jimmies waiting for the ice to thaw, but it never did. Eventually they just closed the office altogether and everyone was told to stay at home. Again I thought, yippee! I can go shopping! There was no way I was going to be able to get out of my driveway; it was a sheet of ice!
So, Cody and I had a nice day off, trapped in the house. I took him outside a lot; he tried to thaw the ice on the porch by licking it, and ended up on his butt since I haven’t taught him how to ice skate yet. He loved it, got excited and did that Labrador thing where he tucks his tail under his butt and runs as fast as he can around the yard and then suddenly stops and plops down on his belly with all four legs straight out on the ground, and lets out a bark as if to say “hey! Chase me you lazy human!” The grass was crunchy and this perplexed him a lot. He couldn’t quite figure out why it felt that way under his paws, so of course the answer to that is just bark at it. The funniest thing was what we call his “sockies” he has a bunch of dad’s old socks because he loves to chew on them and rip them to shreds. He had a couple of them in the backyard before the freeze and they were frozen solid. This was hilarious to watch, as his formerly soft sockies were stiff and covered in ice got thrown around the yard. One of them cracked and the ice fell off, that’s when he discovered you could eat the ice, so he spent most of his day eating the ice off things and then running around the corner to pee a lot. Ill have to add pictures, I forgot my camera today.
It was a nice day off; I kinda wish I could have driven to do some Christmas shopping, but I can do that this weekend I guess. So today, I’m back at work...in a bleh mood again. Not a bad bleh mood, just bleh. Gosh I havent written in a whole week! I haven’t had anything to write about the last few days, and I guess that makes me feel weird. I haven’t had a personality or brainpower enough to write anything of substance. I was going to write about something kind of funny that happened at work Wednesday afternoon. Maybe Ill write that separately...bleh. bleh bleh bleh....what the heck is wrong with me? I have no clue, I haven’t been drinking, I have been in bed by 10, and I feel great daily, but just have this bleh feeling in my head. Its like this sometimes when I get PMS. Hmmmm. Can it be that time again so soon? Maybe my birth control patch is throwing my hormones all into a frenzy or something. Who knows dude.
BLEH!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home