Thursday, May 04, 2006

Suspicious Minds

May 04
Suspicious Minds


I still think he lies to me...

What is it about us women that we just can’t accept that our ex’s are doing well in life? What is the desire inside of us to want to see them to fail? I have become very cynical lately when it comes to my ex, The Dreamer. For some reason, no matter where he is in his life, I become skeptical at the details. I find myself hoping to catch him in a huge lie so I can call him on it. Don’t get me wrong, I wish him the best...kind of...but secretly I just want him to be a loser so I can feel better about my life and rub it in his face. I know that is evil, but that’s just the way it has evolved to be.

I was doing my quarterly check up on some friends, and decided to send him an email; you know, to make sure he wasn’t dead. Just a simple hey what’s new email, nothing more than one sentence to keep it safe. (and yes, I am fully aware that my need to make sure he isn't dead all the time is an irrational urge that I need to get hold of, just bear with me here) Normally he ignores me for a couple weeks, but this time he wrote back within a normal period of time for internet correspondence. The last time I heard from him was a couple months ago when he sent out a mass email about the restaurant he works for in NYC.

First of all, when I heard he was working for that restaurant I didn’t believe him right off the bat. He was way too inexperienced for the position he was claiming to have, and of course here I am-still cynical about that. At the time, I did a ton of research on the restaurant. Yes, basically I stalked him. I don’t know why I do these things, so don’t ask. I know I am effed up in the head sometimes, but that is another Oprah. Needless to say, I didn’t find anything to call him on...dammit.
So today, before I even opened his email, I was already getting myself all worked up over what lies he would tell me today. Why am I like this? Shouldn’t I be thinking, oh that is great, good for him? Instead I am building up all this drama in my head that he is telling these huge elaborate lies to make his life appear to look better than it really is, and dammit I am going to be the person who uncovers it all and tells the world! Bwahahahaaaaaaaa!!!

Sadly, I think he may be telling the truth. However he claims that he is in line for a promotion...I’ve heard that one before and with The Dreamer that just translates into I am better than this position. He also claims to be the subject of a couple of articles in a wine magazine called Tasted. And yes, I have already stalked him today, once again to see if the magazine even exists. It does. I am sure he will send out another look what I can do email to the masses when the article comes out in July. Will I buy the issue when it comes out? *sigh* probably.
Drat! Foiled again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home