Monday, April 03, 2006

Things to do instead of Drinking

April 03
Drunk Girl Interrupted

Things to do instead of Drinking
In my process of trying not to drink, I discovered that you can only clean your house and do laundry so many times in a day before you have nothing else to clean. So I tried to keep myself busy in the mean time. I came up with this handy dandy list;
Things to do instead of drinking:
(All of which I completed this weekend)
Workout
Go to bed early
Go shopping
Re upholster antique bench seat using only a king sized pillow case and a hot glue gun (yes you may call me MacGyver) see pic
Give yourself a pedicure
Decoupage and trim a hat box for your mother (see pic)
Plant tomatoes (see pic)
Paint and sand your Grammies old bird cage (see pic)
Transplant ivy from yard to a small pot for later use in bird cage
Give yourself a facial
Pluck your eyebrows
Take your dog for a walk
Sunday take the day off from working out (I could not move on Sunday morning I was so sore!)
Weigh yourself every hour and watch in astonishment how it fluctuates throughout the day
Set off all smoke alarms in attempt to try broiling a chicken breast
Successfully burn both the front and the back of your arm simultaneously in the oven (never let your jumpy dog sleep under the oven door)
Replace the air filters in your house
Watch ants scramble as you pour ant killer on their dirt pile
Kill weeds in yard
Watch 3 movies from netflix (Elizabethtown was great, In her Shoes is cute, and Proof is good)
Spend an hour trying to get spray paint from bird cage off your burned arm
Re-arrange linen closet
Overpay your taxes
Wash all dog toys
Wrestle last pair of “good” underwear from your dog because he has nothing else to play with
Replace vacuum hepa filter and vacuum for the third time in as many days
Read newest copy of Vanity Fair magazine front to back
Photograph spring flowers in your jungle of a back yard (see pics)
Play in the hose with your dog because its 90 degrees outside (ick)
Complete Nip Tuck season one dvd collection
Attempt broiling chicken once again
Alphabetize your spices (when you only have six, this goes very quickly)
Pre- cook dinners and freeze them for next week
Dishes, dishes, dishes.
Bed early
I was really proud of myself, after the fact. On Friday somehow I stopped at the gas station and bought a 12 pack of beer and took it home. I did my workout and made my dinner and showered. Later that night I grabbed a cold one out of the fridge and took one sip- and that is all. I put the can down and left it sitting there next to me but that was all I wanted- a sip. I did a little happy dance before bed, the first Friday in a long time that I have gone to bed sober.
I should start planning what to do next weekend, I’m almost out of ideas!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home