Monday, May 01, 2006

Tipping the scales

Tipping the scales

Okay, second entry for today...
I took a whole week off and “cheated” a lot while I visited Lummox. Although I wasn’t that bad, I did have ice cream and eat a lot of restaurant food however. It was hard to choose a salad for lunch, or fish instead of a pot pie or pizza, but I think I did a good job, and I am proud of me. Yay for me! Go me!

I didn’t gain a pound either. But I just can’t seem to get over this 5 pound hump. I lost five pounds, but I haven’t lost anything more. Why is that I wonder? I have heard that everyone has their own personal weigh barrier, if you want to call it that. And I have also heard that once you get past that barrier, the weight will come off faster. I am really looking forward to that. I’m tired of getting on that scale every morning and seeing the same weight!

I bought my scale at Tarjay, and it is super nifty. Not only does it weigh you, it memorizes your personal info like your height, gender and age, including what you weighed last time you stepped on. I got one that measures your body fat also, although I am still not sure how to use that information. All I know is that according to the chart in the users manual, by percentage of body fat is in the “high” range for women my age. I don’t doubt it; I haven’t been very active in the last few years.

When I was looking for my scale, browsing the isles at the store, there was a girl walking towards me from the opposite side of the store. We met at the same display, the scales. After a couple of giggles at each other because we were both aimed at the same destination, we discovered we weren’t the only ones after that scale. The store had none on display! She was nice enough to call for help, and while we were waiting for a department representative we played with the higher priced model scale.

Now, I am not one to judge, but I saw her body fat percentage and was surprised that even though she was a lot taller and “larger” than me, my percentage was pretty close to hers. Yet, still I am in the high range? I am a lot smaller than her, in height and weight, but I have almost the same body fat percentage as her? That blew me away. According to both scales, I am 36% body fat. Gross- no offense to said girl in scale isle.

Now what do I do with that number? Do I compare it to the “average” numbers on the chart and try to make it to that number? I’m just not sure what to do with that number, and if I even need to pay attention to it at all. I need to study up on body fat percentages I suppose.

I have noticed that changing your diet takes a lot of time and effort! I spend at least an hour every night just working out my meal plan for the next day, calculating the calories, documenting everything, not to mention making the meals. It is like homework for my new lifestyle. I figured out that in order to lose a pound a day, I need to consume 1250 calories a day. Some days though, I don’t think I even take in that much. How come I’m not losing weight??

It’s getting frustrating, but I’m not going to quit! Go me!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home