Monday, June 20, 2005

Catch up

Catch up…June 20, 2005

Remember the picture of my desk on Friday? Its ALL still here!!!! ARG. GAH. UGH.
So I have a lot to say but not enough time so I wont elaborate a lot anyway.
Dad bought himself a new computer, so since he has been setting it up at home, I wasnt able to get on the internet all weekend, nor was I able to scan in my pics of Italy...so that project is now on hold.
Fathers day weekend was good, for part of the day. The good part- mom and I got up early to cook breakfast for dad and Gramps who came over for the night. The funny part- breakfast was ready and all mom had to do was put the bisquits in a basket and pour the gravy into the bowl, both of witch were right next to her...she poured the gravy into the basket. Needless to say we had to make another quick batch of gravy while I sifted the rest of the gravy through the bread basket! It was really funny at the time. We ate breakfast and cleaned up. Dad and gramps opened their presents and cards and dad hung out his NASCAR flag and went upstairs to watch the race on the big screen TV. Bad part- Mom and I were in her bedroom watching Father of the Bride (original with Elizabethe Taylor) when dad came in and told us that Big Daddy's neighbors had just called to tell him they went over to his house when they didnt see his garage door open by mid afternoon. He had fallen the night before and couldnt get up all night and his medical alert necklace had run out of batteries, so luckily his neighbors are watching out for him! They put him into bed and came back with some lunch for him, but he had gotten up and again, fell and couldnt get back up. So my poor dad had to go stay with him again for the night. BIg Daddy has more doctors appointments today. I felt sorry for my dad because he thinks he has done a bad thing by putting a pacemaker into his dad. He thinks hes prolonging his life, and thinks it may have been the wrong choice because of all the recent health problems hes been having. He refuses to come live with us, refuses to sell the house, refuses to go stay in a care facility, so I think Dad will have to make some choices soon. Poor dad, but I guess it is his father, and he needs him.
On a happier note...earlier this weekend my dad was a hero in our eyes. We have a bird house for the martins that migrate here every year. They nest, have babies and migrate back to mexico every year. If anyone knows about these bird houses, they are big houses, up on a 15 foot pole, and they will hold about 12 families of birds to nest. We had about 8 pairs come this year and only 3 pair had babies hatch. Long story short, one of the babies fell out of the house and waddled up to our porch, dad ran and got the ladder and gloves and put him right back into the little house. YAY!
Well, I'm off to deal with the huge pile of paperwork looming on my desk. wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home