Wednesday, July 06, 2005

a bad dream

a bad dream…July 6, 2005

I had one of those nights where I just couldn’t stay asleep. About every hour I would wake up roll over and look at the alarm clock, check on my dog who was in his bed on the floor, and roll back to my original position to fall asleep again. I have been having night sweats lately, it is miserable when this happens! Its normal for this time of the month, which means PMS is near Watch Out! So Id wake up sweaty and hot, kick off my covers, and half hour later be cold again. Ugh! The last time I woke up the alarm clock read 5:21AM. It must have been in that time between until my alarm went off that I had this awful dream.


I was in bed, and woke up because something moved on the other side of the bed. Who was in my bed?! I rolled over quickly to find it was just Cody, playing under the covers. I laughed and scratched his head and talked to him for a minute until I heard a noise coming from downstairs. Codys ears perked up and we listened. I whispered "someone's here" and listened in the quiet for some sort of clue as to who it was. I was in my house, but it wasnt anywhere I had ever seen before in real life. Someone came up the stairs, I could see them in the narrow opening of my bedroom door. So I sat up and at the same time Rob pushed the door open and was standing there looking at me with a mad look in his eyes. He looked like he had just come from work, had his hand on his tie to loosen it and had paused to open my door. I was a little startled to see him, since I havent been home in almost a year. But this was my house, what is he doing here? Walking in my house like nothing happened between us. I said "hey" and he still had a furrow in his brow, and said "it sounded like you were talking to someone" and I said "yeah to Cody" and then he looked down the hall at a monitor there and said "oh from there it looked like someone was under the covers". I patted the pile of sheets next to me where Cody had been playing and they collapsed to the matress. He continued loosening his tie as he walked into the bedroom and seemed releived. I asked him "what, dont you trust me?" and the furrow returned to his face. The master manipulator that he is, he turned it around onto me and said "dont even go there" making me feel guilty for asking. So I got up and went to my closet, mad, and mumbled under my breath "what the hell are you doing here anyway" opeing my closed doors. Tie off, and shirt unbottoned he slid in behind me and put his arms around my waist. Im trying to ignore his monkey hug and Im sifting through my closet as he is attempting to explain what he is up to. His hands are wandering over the front of my body as Im trying to get dressed. I walk into the bathroom, and he follows me still explaining. Thinking back now all I can remember about his explanation was that he had been in school again...I have no idea why he was there but in my dream it made sense. He was there, trying to come back to me and needed my help of course. He wanted a place to stay. He picked me up and put me onto the bed in front of him and he sat up still talking excitedly about something I cant remember now. He said "I got a camera and Ive been taking pictures for you every day." In my head it seemed he was talking about naughty pictures. He paused for a minute and looked over his shoulder at his reflection in the mirror and made fun of himself, fixing his hair and checking out his teeth. He turned back to me and asked "do I look sweaty to you?" so I said "well why dont you get out of that long sleeved shirt?" he pulled the shirt over his head and wiped his face with it. But this time when he turned his head to look into the mirror, the side of his head was covered with dried blood, sticky, in his hair and in his ear. It looked like he had been shot in the head. There was blood all over that side of his body even. I could see it had run down his neck and chest underneath his arm and had pooled into the top of his jeans. I was horrifyed and tryed to catch my breath. Why wasnt the blood on any of his clothes? I reached up to his head and he pulled back, grabbing my wrist and smiled like it was nothing. He explained it, but again the only thing I can remember is that he said "well it started with the coke Zack gave me last week..."


...and then my alarm went off. I woke up with my heart in my throat, and felt like I needed to go save him. My heart didnt slow down for about half an hour this morning. I hate those dreams. Thank god it wasnt real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home