Friday, July 15, 2005

Crawling into myself

Crawling into myself…July 15, 2005



Im back to my blue feeling again. Its only because I am still hitting road blocks with looking for a house. I know I need to be patient, but why am I not allowed to get my heart set on something and actually end up happy about it? Why doest that ever work for me? Why can't something that I am really looking forward to, ever end up right? Am I cursed? Am I setting my hopes too high? All I want is a safe space of my own, with a yard. Those are my only stipulations. I know, it has only been a week since I started looking. Its this anxiety and impatience about things I look forward to, that ends up ruining the whole thing. I feel like crawling into myself and going to sleep for a very long time. Instead, I am finding quotes that I like...


God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author Unknown
Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are. ~Bertold Brecht

Every possession and every happiness is but lent by chance for an uncertain time, and may therefore be demanded back the next hour. ~Arthur Schopenhauer
When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet. ~Stanislaw Lec
Life is a series of collisions with the future. ~José Ortega y Gasset
My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors. ~Bette Midler
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duck tape to make them stop. ~G.M. Weilacher

There is an objective reality out there, but we view it through the spectacles of our beliefs, attitudes, and values. ~David G. Myers, Social Psychology
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. ~Jennifer Yane

Home is where you can say anything you like cause nobody listens to you anyway. ~Author Unknown
Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule. ~Frederick W. Robertson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home