Monday, January 30, 2006

Battle of the bridesmaid bulge

January 30
Battle of the bridesmaid bulge

It’s that time again- Time to start a diet.
I had my dress fitting this weekend for Sarah’s wedding, and the dress fit nicely however- the material is such that I cannot wear any underwear without it showing. I had planned on wearing a corset or a bustier but the material shows anything that I’m wearing underneath it! I talked to the seamstress and she is going to put some padding in the “boobage” area of the dress for me...It’s gonna be one cold wedding! The only thing I’m worried about now is the area around my belly button. It’s a tad pudgy and it shows through my dress, unless I suck it in a little. So I decided that for the next three weeks I’m going to go on a strict diet. An apple or applesauce for breakfast, tuna or chicken salad with no mayo for lunch with a hard boiled egg for a snack, and then (I know this sounds weird) a bowl of special K and 1% milk for dinner. Add that to lots of water and the sit ups and pushups I’ve been doing and I think I’ll be good to go. I’m sure I’ll make a couple variations of this too. I just have to stay away from the fast food sandwiches that are so tempting to grab at lunchtime. I mean I’m not a nutritionist but that should be enough for me to lose a little weight right? I might add a few mugs of hot green tea to my day too- hot liquids make you feel full and take away the urge to snack. One of my other goals on my to do list is to keep my house clean...which means I cannot get lazy and leave things in the sink, or laundry out anywhere, that should keep me busy and my heart rate up for a bit longer each day after my exercises. Another thing I need to do is practice walking in my heels. Else I’ll be falling down the isle instead of gracefully gliding like bridesmaids are supposed to do. Ugh...I can’t wait for all this to be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home