Saturday, January 28, 2006

Creative Soul

January 28
Creative Soul

I have multiple personalities.
Tonight I sat down and wrote out all the things I want to accomplish. I guess you could call it a "to do" list of projects etc. One of the things on the list was to create another blog site for my artwork and photography. I've been wanting to do this since college, so this was something that was pushed to the top of the list because ofits length of residency in my brain. It felt really great to get it all set up today. I set up a new hotmail account for the sole purpose of the alternate blog. And with that, I dragged out all of my art portfolios from the closet of my office slash studio and scattered their contents all over the room. In doing this I discovered that this was bringing up a side of me that somewhere along the line, I pushed aside. Another side of my personality, and I believe this is my original personality, was the artsy side of me.

I like that about me- I am artistic, and I love everything and anything that has to do with art. I enjoy art history, I enjoy researching art, I enjoy getting my hands dirty and drawing, painting, illustrating anything that has anything to do with art- that is me. How come I pushed this aside? From the looks of it, I had a great time with it from high school through college and I have an amazing collection of artwork and photography just sitting in my closet gathering dust.

So tonight as I was sifting through the piles of original artowrks and projects from college, I decided that I want to get back to that side of me, that alternate personality that I so instinctively go back to when I want to be creative. I have brought out the creative writing side of myself in the last year or so, but have somehow lost the artistic part of me that feeds the urge to paint and draw and illustrate...to create. I love painting- its a form of expression that not a lot of people can understand.*(the expression, not the art) You can transform your emotions into vibrant color, into something more than one dimentional- into something palpable.

For the Lummox this last Christmas, I gave him a painting. You can not imagine how great it felt to actually get something down on paper. He had taken a photo of a scene of deconstruction that contained just the right elements of balance, and I just had to paint it. I created my own rendition of it, in primary colors, with paint I havent opened in almost a decade, and it felt amazing. Another personality in me waiting to get out.

So, if you have the time, check out my alternate personality. I call it My Minds Eye and I hope you enjoy it. It's still a work in progress, mind you. At this point in the night I have only my original photography up, but don't fret- tomorrow I will add the rest of what I have.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home