Monday, January 23, 2006

Date night

Date night

Last night was date night.
I had been looking forward to it all day. He was waiting to greet me when I got home from work. And what a day it had been, it was nice that he was there for me when I needed him most. I changed into something more comfortable, and even though it was just a sweatshirt and yoga pants, he didn’t complain. I got a bottle of wine, even though I know he doesn’t drink, and planned to make spaghetti for dinner. It’s nice to unwind with your favorite guy, and a glass of wine once in a while. Even though he likes to play games, I don’t mind, Ill play along to make him happy. I poured myself a glass of wine, and he was happy to sit with me and watch me sip it while I told him about my day. He is such a great listener; he just lets me talk and doesn’t interrupt me… unless he’s hungry. So I made myself some spaghetti while he ate his dinner before me. It never seems to work out that we eat dinner together; he is always hungry before I am. He watched me while I ate. Sometimes that bothers me because every so often he will stare at me with such hunger in his eyes! After dinner I put on a movie, and he sat with me quietly. Its so nice to snuggle with him, he is a great cuddler. It is so nice to know he loves me unconditionally. Most of the night he lay with his head in my lap, and I stroked his hair while he watched the movies with me. He is losing his hair a bit these days, but he still has a lot of it, shiny and black, I just love to run my fingers through the hair on his back. He’s a little overprotective of me though, he ran outside at every strange noise, but then he comforted me afterwards. I like it that he watches out for me, he makes me feel safe. He did get a little jealous when I got a couple text messages from friends and didn’t give him as much attention as he wanted, but he knows I love him and he was very patient with me. We watched two movies, and even though there wasn’t a lot of conversation between us, it was nice to just relax at home on the couch. I got a lot of kisses on the cheek from him too, but I just like to kiss him on the head and I gave him a big hug goodnight. I snapped a couple of pictures of us cuddling on the couch before the night was over. I love Cody so Much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home