Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?

February 02
Is it cold in here, or is it just me?

It’s hard dating your best friend

I will be the first to admit that it is hard. You know people always tell you, find your best friend and marry them. And I am still all for it, since I am doing just that- minus the marrying part yet anyway. But I will tell you it takes a lot of work, just like any other relationship does, this is just a little different.

Before, when we were just friends, I would go to him when I was arguing with my boyfriend, to get another point of view. What do I do now? If I get into a little tiff with him, and I say to myself- he isn’t getting me, I need to talk to my best friend- oh wait, it’s the same person now and I can’t get an outsiders view on things anymore. I mean I have friends I could talk to about things, but it isn’t the same as telling him- my best friend- because he gets me. It’s all so confusing! I’m sure he feels a little of the same way.

I do find myself in a strange place though, if we argue I suddenly begin building this icy wall around me. I don’t know where that comes from- in the relationship with him I’ve never done that before, before when we were just friends. Its not that I’m pulling away from him at all, it’s like a protection from myself. If I step back and shut up, I can’t make things worse. And I know that is totally wrong of me, but that’s what has been happening. Suddenly the last few days I’ve been the ice queen, cold and distant, and I know he’s noticed. I don’t know what to do to get out of the wall though. I think I’m waiting for him to tell me everything is okay. It’s not a situation of anger, and I know he isn’t mad in any way towards me- it’s more like he has been fumbling in his confidence lately- and that makes me feel stuck.

How do you convince someone that you love them unconditionally when they constantly question things? I don’t know what to do in that situation, for some reason it stops me in my tracks and I freeze up! I’m afraid that I will say the wrong thing, because this is the one relationship I definitely do not want to ruin, so it ends up with me being short or quiet so he can’t read between lines that aren’t there. And again, I know that is wrong of me, I just don’t know how to fix it.

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home