Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oh the horror of it all

Oh the horror of it all

I just want to die.
Thank god there wasn’t more alcohol in my house last night when I got home to hide from the embarrassment I had just endured. One beer just didn’t seem like it was enough, but it would have to do. Let me explain.
I know my parents love me, don’t get me wrong, they are entitled to that. But do they have to share every bit of my personal life with their friends???!!!! My mother is best friends with her neighbors, one of them just so happens to be MY BOSS. Great. This makes for some pretty uncomfortable situations at work when my personal life comes into play. Mom will say something and suddenly the topic at work is “oh Jenni has a boyfriend?” which, I will admit, is much more comfortable to talk about than the year I was single when everyone was trying to hook me up left and right. Yesterday was one of those days I just wanted to crawl under my desk in humiliation.
The day started out great, good comments on my blog here at the Jenni Chronicles, and I noticed a couple of hits from the link on my art blog. So someone had been reading my entries here, and had come from my art blog- fine. Then I started to wonder who was reading all of my entries yesterday- someone was reading from the beginning- and I was fine with that too. And then the horror began.
My boss walks into my office and tells me “..so I saw your little website today..”
That was unpleasant.
If you had a camera on me at that moment I would pay top dollar for the footage.
“...your parents sent me and (her husband) the link...”
I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks, and my pupils dilated as I tried to find my voice.
What site? I asked her.
Your pictures and stuff, she replied.
OMG.

Suddenly I was reduced to a seven year old standing in the kitchen with one of my moms friends commenting on the finger painting stuck to the fridge with alphabet magnets. I was mortified. I literally felt like shrinking away into the corner.
Ugh...why do my parents do these things to me? What are they thinking? I know they are proud, and wanted to gush to everyone about the art I have displayed there, but they don’t understand she is my boss. They probably weren’t thinking. My professional integrity is on the line, and I really don’t like being put on display, especially at work. Being put on exhibit to people who don’t know me, is fine- I don’t have to face them every day- but your boss reading every aspect of your personal life? -There is a huge difference there.
I took the link off the art blog, so hopefully if they were linking here, they won’t anymore...please god I hope they haven’t read more than they should have. It took me a really long time to brave up to putting my art online for public viewing because one bad critique would kill me. I almost pulled it last night after the comment from my boss. I don’t know when I will get over the embarrassment of this but what am I supposed to do now?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni the humiliated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home