Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole

March 14
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole

Sometimes its getting out of bed that is the hardest thing to do
I don’t think I’m depressed, but I haven’t been in the greatest of moods lately. I don’t want to get out of bed in the mornings, well... ever. I am tired all the time and have no motivation to do anything productive. I have been waking up most nights every two hours, to check the time. I feel like crying all the time, over nothing. I have too much time to think and that just adds to my downfall.

Every once in a while I start thinking of my life, and where I should be by now. About how I wasted too much time on someone who strung me along for 6 years in hopes that he would come around. Well he didn’t, and I can’t get those 6 years back. I feel really behind, and feel like I’m still damaged goods. Why can’t I just forgive and forget? I have nothing but anger and frustration left for him. I know it isn’t healthy to harbor negative energy towards someone, and it’s been almost two years since we broke up, but that’s just the way it is for me.

I still get reminded every day when I look into the mirror that I am 32 years old with nothing to show for it. I could have had kids by now- plural- kids with an S. God damnit. That makes me angry. How do I get those years back? Is it okay that I will probably be 34 or older before I start having kids? I just never thought my life would be like this. 32 years old, not married, no kids....wow. All I need now are about six dozen cats and you can start calling me an old maid.

Why did I ever get out of bed today?

from Grey's Anatomy last Sunday-

"As doctors, patients are always telling us how they would do our jobs. Just stitch me up, slap a bandaid on it, and send me home. Its easy to suggest a quick solution when you dont know much about the problem, when you don't understand how deep the wound really is...The first step toward a real cure is to know exactly what the disease is to begin with, but that's not what people want to hear... We're supposed to forget the past that landed us here, ignore the future complications that might arise, and go for the quick fix

As doctors, as friends, as human beings we all try to do the best we can. But the world is full of unexpected twists and turns. And just when you've gotten the lay of the land, the ground underneath you shifts and knocks you off your feet. If you're lucky, you end up with a flesh wound, something a bandaid will cover. But some wounds are deeper than they first appear and require more than a quick fix. With some wounds you have to rip off the bandaid, let them breathe and give them time to heal."

-Meredith Grey from ABC's Grey's Anatomy.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home