Sunday, March 19, 2006

They got me

March 19
They got me

Theres no turning back now!
They got me.
They were really convincing, and they sucked me in.
Infomercials.
There’s no turning back now.
I ordered.

I really believed in that girl; the skinny one who was wearing the tiniest little sports bra and shorts I’ve ever seen- because I want to look like her. I want to be skinny again. I want to be able to wear that cute little black dress once more. I fit into it a few years ago, it’s a size 7 but I remember it being a little bigger than that. I am now a size 10, down from a size 12 however in the last year, but I still want to lose the weight I’ve gained over these past few years.

I blame aging. I used to be able to lose weight easily, not in the healthiest of ways, but it used to work. I used to be able to just eat half what I usually did and I could lose 5 or so pounds by the weekend. That doesn’t work anymore, sadly. It is maddening when I think about the body I used to have. It was cute and thin and I was proud of it. These days if I happen to see my body naked in the mirror, I wonder how that fat girl got into my house because she really needs to put some clothes on. I wonder what happened? I guess it is just metabolism and getting older. I still eat the same; I am still as lazy as I was back then when I was thin, I don’t get it. The thing is, I’m not overly heavy for my height. (last checked 137 at 5’6”) I just need to lose fat and inches, but my goal is to lose 15 pounds, and I don’t know how to calculate how many inches I need to lose, I just want to fit into that dress!

So, what did I order you are wondering? It happened when I took a break from vacuuming and plopped my butt on the couch for a breather…you know the kind- you sit down and say ‘just for a minute’ and before you know it you have been sitting for a couple hours! There I was, vulnerable and tired in front of my TV, and when I awoke from my infomercial hypnosis I had ordered TurboJam! It comes with 5 different workouts, a tape measure, a nutrition plan (which I never follow anyway), and a multivitamin supplement. At least it isn’t a gimmicky weight loss program; I will at least get my body moving again, limber up, and get my heart rate going. In the past I’ve worked out to Slim in 6 but I quickly got bored of it because it’s the same thing every day. (Plus I accidentally left the resistance bands in Denver when I left my ex) With this I can choose which DVD to put in and get the same workout.
So it has begun, I can’t get away from it now. A new me is coming in the mail. In 5-7 days I will have to make room for a workout every day. Until it gets here, I have traded my office chair for a ‘FitBall’, and I’m going to jump-start my diet by going on the negative calorie diet for a week (its basically just vegetable soup). I’ve started doing stretches before bed because I’m sure I will need it! I used to love dancing so hopefully this will get me back on my feet for a dance style workout every day. Eeeeeee! I am actually excited. Maybe Ill post before and after pics? Hmmm, I will have to think about that one.
Countdown to a new me coming soon!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home