Monday, May 29, 2006

Pretty in Pink

5/29/2006
Pretty in Pink

Breakup Rule#3: Until emotionally stabilized, enter no stores.

Yesterday, while mulling over the possibility that I could be alone forever, I decided there was only one thing to do. Go Shopping. Now if I were Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City, I would spend hundreds on a pair of Manolo-Blahnik shoes in some putridly lovely shade of pink. But instead I decided to go buy a little Sex and the City of my own. Actually I didn’t just get a little I got a lot. I bought the entire series of Sex and the City. It came in a putridly lovely shade of pink, and it fit me perfectly.

I got home as soon as I could, put on my fat pants and sat down to unwrap it. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Covered in crushed fuchsia velvet and satin, with its own beautiful hard plastic cover; it looks like a pretty little piece of hard candy- good enough to eat. Inside are all six seasons, that’s 20 discs in all, with episode guides and gorgeous pictures of my four favorite girls from Manhattan. Who better to spend a Sunday afternoon with when you are feeling down?

I finally got to watch the entire first season yesterday, while stuffing my face with junk food in my pajamas. It was so nice to be able to relate to the stories, and to know that I am not the only messed up freak of a girl running around unmarried in my thirties feeling sorry for myself. And let me tell you, it was the best money I have spent in a long time. Thanks Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha. You made my life seem a lot less upsetting. Compared to them, I’m pretty normal…in a sociopath with no life sort of way.
-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home