Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The past few weeks

The past few weeks…August 16, 2005

Yay!!! Finally everything is working out for me! Lets see, so much has happened in the last few weeks...

I met a man, and I am soooo in love, his name is Dave. He is perfect for me, and I am perfect for him. I dont know why Ive been looking for a man who is opposite of me, and it never works out. Dave is just like me, it is almost eerie how much we have in common. We are both transplants from San Diego, and he went to a high school that was only a few miles away from where I went to school. He is 4 years older, Ive never really dated older men, except for Sean through high school and college, but we both have young personalities. He has a warped sense of humor like mine, and the first time I went over to his house he was watching Monty Python's Holy Grail...it was then I knew we would get along brilliantly! There is just so much to say about him! (Bear with me Im going to be wordy) One of the things that I instantly loved about him is that he is a music freak like me! We both have such an eclectic collection of music that it is hard to distinguish any particular music style that we like best. Hes more into classic rock, and Im more into pop and 80's. He likes all the same songs I do, in fact the other day he played Def Leppard and Oingo Boingo!!!! Love it! And he sings along sometimes hee hee. Music is a huge deal to me, it is a big part of my life and to meet someone who feels the same about it means so much to me. I feel like I can finally express myself through the music I want to listen to, because he likes the same music I do. I havent been able to listen to what I want, even in the car with my ex...he wasnt very open minded when it came to music. Now I can listen to country, 80's, pop...whatever I want to! It feels so great to just be able to be myself around him. He lets me be a dork, and I let him be a dork and we are dorks together. YAY for dorks! On our second date we took a drive to see the progress of the house hes having built, he was playing a bunch of random songs in his truck. My Sharona came on and on the part of the song where they sing "mieeieeieeeiee woo!" We both did the same thing and sang along with it and threw our hands up in the air "woo!" heee heeee...it ws hilarious, maybe you had to be there. Hes kind of quiet, but is super funny and has a great sense of humor. He is slowly becoming more talkative. Im a little quiet too, I always have been so I can understand him. He knows more music trivia than I do, and that is so cool. Sometimes we even say the same things at the same times, and have jinxed eachother a lot in conversation. He comes from a family like mine, he has one brother and his parents have been married forever. He wants to get married one day, and be a father. And thats what I want, so we share the same goals in life. And do you know how awesome it feels to actually know this? To actualy be with someone who shares the same ideals for the future is so amazing, its such a great feeling. I can finally exhale. He is the most communicative man I have ever known. We talk every day on instant messenger, and he sends me at least one email a day, and they are always full of his thoughts. Its nice to know a man who likes to communicate. He is romantic too, he made me a mix CD!!!! the songs are love songs and when we listened to them he told me that all of the songs he put on there for me, either meant what he wanted to say to me, or reflected the way he felt about me. How totaly sweet!!!! Ugh, Im so in love. Im in progress of making him a CD now :) I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach all the time now! I am so excited about this, so excited. There is so much more to say about him, I could go on and on, but Ill wait for another entry.

I finally got a duplex too!!! Its so cute, two stories, two bedrooms two bathrooms, a fireplace, and a big fenced yard for Cody. I sign the lease this week and can move in September 1. Dave and I will both be moving around the same time so we can help eachother. His house will be finished right around the same time. He will live about half an hour away from me, but I think he will come over most every night after he gets off work at 11. I cant wait to get settled. I may have to wait until after labor day weekend, because of our annual "Womens weekend" that we have every year on Labor Day weekend. All the women of our family get together and just veg out. We cook and eat and drink and smoke and bitch...its a blast! Its hard to believe its been a year already since the last one we had in Midland. This year mom wanted to have it at their house in Austin. We are also having my sisters wedding shower that weekend. Mom thought it would be cute to have a slumber party. Its going to be so much fun.

Dave and I have been inseperable for the last few days. Its hard living at home because I want to have a normal relationship and stay over at his house sometimes ya know? So we are both looking forward to me moving out. Last week we hung out with another couple he knows and went bowling, they are nice and I look forward to "double dating" with them again, they are a fun couple. On Saturday we went to a classic car show and then he came over to meet mom and dad. We had a beer and chatted with them while we played with Cody...who loves him by the way. Dave is very much like my dad so I think they will get along well. He has such a strong work ethic, he hasnt missed a day of work in two years. He had been on a shift that had him working from 11pm to 7am, but now his shift is 3pm to 11pm so he can have a normal life. So I wont get to see him as much. Last week I was at his house every night for 7 days. this week I dont get to see him until thursday. It will work out better when I move. Well hes online now so Im off to chat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home