Friday, June 02, 2006

fasting day one

6/2/2006
Cleaning House

I am going to try and do a cleansing fast this weekend.
Sounds fun right? Wishful thinking!

My plan is to start out by taking laxatives to empty myself completely, and then just take in different versions of distilled water. Hot, cold, ice, lemon...I may add coffee in there just for energy because I am sure I will need it. I have heard the effects of coffee on the liver are good for releasing toxins trapped there.

And no- I will NOT be doing the coffee enema, no matter how many people have told me how wonderful it is. I’m sorry but I’m not sticking anything up my bum, especially not coffee! As far as I’m concerned, my rear end is for exit only.

I will probably be taking notes as I go, on how I feel and the effects of what I’m doing. I have never gone on a fast before, on purpose, so this should be interesting. I rely too much on food! Eating has started to rule my life, and I really do not like that. I’ve come to think about my meals too often during the day, I don’t think that is healthy, but it is the one thing I can control.

I have read many good things about the effects of fasting, so I am really looking forward to the next couple of days and what they will bring me. I have rented a bunch of movies because I already know I will have no energy to do anything actively productive. Hopefully the coffee will help with at least cleaning my house like I usually do on weekends! Hmm, cleaning my house while cleaning my "house"...

So bear with me, you may see some pretty strange posts from me over the weekend as I progress with the fasting. I have heard fasting causes some enlightening experiences, and can relieve stress and depression. That is what I am looking forward to. If anyone has any advice or guidance, I welcome it!

-Jenni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home